Visual Basic Client Project: Masterton Homes
Masterton Homes began life in 1982 as the Warwick Farm Exhibition Village, making a reality of Jim Masterton's vision for the future of one-stop home buying.
With an array of different designs they cover most of Australia's demographic.
Programming Project Period:
October 2004 to December 2004
Programming Job Description:
Microsoft Word automation and Visual Basic Programmer.
Created a data driven Microsoft Word Automation application that generates quotations for new home proposals.
- The quotation Application was based on a Word Template, which allowed the presentation to be customised for each client.
- Created a Table to hold prices.
- Allowed Word documents to inserted into the quotation.
- Added flexibility in selecting the numerous options available in building a home.
- The legal caveats, water board and local council approvals were catered for.
- The data driven Application included the following commands:
- Line breaks
- Bookmark selection and data insertion
- Table handling and insertion of input into selected rows, or columns within rows.
- Insertion of Text and Word document files.
- Bullet lists and customised bullets – i.e. §, ¤, .
- Paragraph, word and table cell formatting – Bold, Underlined and Italics. Justify Left, Right and Centre.
- Setting of Headers and Footers