Visual Basic Client Project: Kingfood Australia Pty Ltd
Kingfood are a wholesale speciality food ingredients supplier to the Australian Food Industry.
Kingfood supplies a range of specialised ingredients from Australia and around the world.
Programming Project Period:
May 2005 to November 2005
Programming Job Description:
Microsoft Access Programmer, Visual Basic Programmer, SQL Server Database Administration
Enhanced the performance and the structure of the Kingfood database Application:
- Kingfood Web Site Keyword Density analysis.
- Analysis of the Microsoft Access Database Project (ADP) database Application and the SQL Server database.
- Creation of a test environment to emulate the Kingfood ADP Application.
- Automated the deployment of new ADP releases for each user.
- Created an SQL Server log file condense procedure that shrinks the SQL Server Log file every 4 hours.
- Creation of an Error handling module that records extensive error details in a log file, and to a table in SQL Server. Added error handling to each form and report in the Microsoft Access Database Project.
- Creation of an ADO module, to handle access to SQL Server.
- Eliminated all DAO and Access 2 functions.
- Creation of an Audit module, which records user logons and logoffs, as well as the response time.
- Created a Global module that identified the User Name, Computer Name, Domain and IP Address from the Active DS Type library.
- Created a Visual Basic program to allow the users to administer the ADP Database Application. The features of the program are:
- Dual functionality – batch processing and interactive access.
- User Audit Trail.
- Deletion of backup files older than 3 months.
- Deployment of the ADP Database to all users.
- Creation of a backup of the SQL Server database.
- Free disk space analysis for all the Server disks.
- Lists the last 100 errors in the ADP Database Application.
- Lists Locks held by the SQL Server Database.
- Lists Users of the SQL Server Database.
- Lists the size of all the SQL Server tables.
- Tuned the Server, eliminating high overhead processes and increased the free space on each disk.
- Created a new Costing Application for food quotations.
- Replaced the Menu form with a data driven Switchboard form.
- Created an independent program to handle all email requirement of the users whilst in the Access database.