Visual Basic Client Project: Hordern House
Hordern House are Antiquarian dealers specialising in: Voyages and travels, Pacific colour-plate books and natural history, children's literature, early Australian paintings and voyage art, historical maps and prints.
They also buy and sell rare Second-hand books.
Programming Project Period:
April 2013 to September 2013
Programming Job Description:
- Microsoft Visual Basic Programming
- Microsoft Access Database design and programming
- Microsoft Word programming
- Microsoft SQL Server design
- Created a Visual Basic Front-End and a framework to maintain a Microsoft Access or an SQL Server database.
- Converted embedded OLE Word documents to RTF files, reducing the Table sizes dramatically.
- Created a RichTextBox Editor using the RichTextBox formatting options of the Windows TextBox control. The editor can replace most of the functions of Microsoft Word. It has these features:
- Toggles for Bold, Italic, Strikeout and Underline - and any combination
- Undo and redo past actions
- Remove all double spaces
- Remove all Formatting
- Change the colour of any selected word or phrase
- Change the font and size
- List all errors in Red - the correct spelling can be chosen from the suggestions
- Copy the Text to an open Word Document
- Copy content of the Clipboard to the RichTextBox
- Toggle Bullets, HangIndent and Indent
- Choose Accent Marks from Acute, Grave, Umlaut, Circumflex, Tilde
- Shortcuts like Ctrl+I, Ctrl+B, etc can be used to make selected phrases Italic, Bold