Client Project: Solution Consultants
Solution Consultants are energy and building services engineers
– they handle a large scoping project for ResiTech, a service agency of the NSW Department
February 2006 to February 2007
Microsoft Access Designer and Programmer, Microsoft Outlook and Visual Basic Programmer.
Converted an amateur and problematic ResiTech Microsoft Access database into an acceptable
- Analysed the requirements of Solution Consultants and rebuilt the Microsoft Access Database
to handle the administrative requirements of the Scopers.
- Created routines to import Excel spreadsheets to the Access database.
- Converted the 10 imports into a normalised database structure.
- Added error handling and error logging to all procedures.
- Added an option to Compress the database.
- Added security to prevent users changing Tables and Queries.
- Extended the Switchboard Menu from 8 to 16 options with Sub Menus.
- Ran an Access analyser and eliminated errors, inefficiencies and problems
- Created a Diary System.
- Split the Access Database into Front-End and Back-End databases.
- Created a global Formatting routine to ensure that all Forms and Controls have a consistent
Colour, alignment and Size.
- Eliminated inconsistencies in the 6000 housing records.
- Imported all Australian Post Codes into a Table. Ensured that all supplied addresses have
the correct post code and suburb.
- Created Forms to allow the user to quickly drill-down to any Property of any Site.
Automated the Microsoft Outlook Email messages of Solution Consultants:
- Added a Save command to the Outlook Command Bar.
- Creation a Form with a Combo Box to allow the destination of the Email to be chosen.
- Saved incoming Email messages as .msg files to the selected folder with a changed Subject.